Kettle River Food Share Society is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. This is a paid position with a minimum of 8 hours per week. The deadline for resume submissions is December 16th, 2019. This is a 1 year term starting January 2020.
The Main Roles of this contract position are as follows:
- Coordinate and delegate Volunteers with all the jobs and tasks that are required at Food Share to offer weekly food to all our Clients. Some of the tasks are:
- Preparation of our distribution centre
- Restocking shelves and distribution on Thursdays
- Can & bottle sorting
- Rock Creek Farmer’s Market on Saturday’s during warmer months
- Food hamper program working with the Boundary Food Bank
- To Acquire, keep track of inventory and source all the food required to distribute to our clients with special consideration to freshness.
- To be able to report to the Board of Directors
- Attend community meetings as directed by the Board
- Collaborating with affiliated organizations in the West Boundary and neighbouring regions
- Responsible for the maintenance of all the records, including confidentiality of client’s records
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Managing skills required. Computer skills and cell phone are an asset. Person needs to be patient & organized, punctual & committed, and willing to volunteer extra hours. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is a must as there is some travel required.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME TO:
KETTLE RIVER FOOD SHARE SOCIETY
PO Box 174
Rock Creek, BC V0H 1Y0
(RESUME SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL December 16th, 2019)